Southwest Area Neighborhood Association is proud to be a member of the United Way sponsored Emergency Service Providers Collaborative, founded in 1997. As part of this collaborative effort, SWAN provides emergency services to 1,400 households per year.
- Referrals to neighborhood food pantries within specific parts of the 14608, 14611 and 14619 zip codes.
- Bus passes for doctor visits, court appearances, parole meetings, DHS interviews and other essential travel, with proof of appointment.
- Furniture and appliance assistance – single and full size bed frames, mattress/box springs, refrigerators and stoves.
- Rental/mortgage assistance up to $500.00
- RG&E assistance up to $200.00. Less assistance available during HEAP season with proof of denial.
- $25.00 food vouchers for Walmart/Tops – emergency basis only. Qualification determined by Emergency Coordinator.
To receive services, you must live at qualified addresses within the Southwest Community whose zip codes are 14608, 14611 and 14619 and that lie within the borders of Brown Street, Plymouth Avenue, Genesee Park Boulevard and Brooks Avenue.
You must provide the following valid and current information to qualify for services:
- Proof of residency/household
- Proof of income – unemployment sheet, pay stub, SSI letter, budget sheet
- Benefit cards for each individual, if on DHS
- Pending or denial letter from DHS
- Child support income, disability determination
- Final termination notice from RG&E
- Petition to go to court or the stipulations from a court judgment
- Furniture Voucher: lease, statement or note from landlord stating apartment was unfurnished
- Appliance Voucher: proof that current appliance cannot be repaired
- Food Voucher: Notice of decision from DHS, letter of homelessness/proof of shelter residency, or release letter from Monroe County or Department of Corrections